Permeable Tree Surrounds with Porous Pave are an effective alternative to traditional metal tree grates and loose mulch or stone.
Made in the U.S.A., Porous Pave is a pour-in-place permeable paving material. The XL formulation is 50-percent recycled rubber chips and 50-percent aggregate mixed on site in a portable mortar mixer with a liquid binder. When poured in place, XL cures in 24 hours to form a strong, solid tree surround that is permeable. With 27 percent void space, air and water reach down to tree roots. More than 1.5 gallons of water pass through per second per square foot.
Permeable Tree Surrounds with Porous Pave offer significant advantages:
- Safe surface, non-slip even when wet
- Simple to install
- Bonds with adjacent pavement
- Easy to maintain – sweep away litter with a broom or sidewalk sweeper
- Durable and resilient, withstands freeze-thaw without cracking or heaving
- Wide choice of colors of standard and custom colors
- Solid and stays in place, unlike loose mulch or stone
- More affordable than metal grates