The 2019 Irrigation Show and Education Week will be held Dec. 2-6 in Las Vegas. From educational to entertaining, the Irrigation Show provides numerous unique networking and informational events to enhance your show experience.
The Irrigation Show provides the industry’s most comprehensive list of education offerings in one location; hands-on access to the latest products and technologies; valuable programs, events and sessions designed to help you improve your irrigation practices.
Manufacturers, dealers, distributors, wholesalers, contractors, designers, installation and maintenance professionals, consultants, growers, end users and more gather together every year to:
- Find smart solutions for agriculture, golf, and turf-landscape applications.
- See the latest products, technology and services.
- Meet with current business partners and potential suppliers.
- Increase productivity and profitability with targeted education and technical training.
- Monitor critical water management issues and irrigation best practices.
Irrigation Show Highlights
- 300 exhibitors of irrigation equipment, systems, services and accessories.
- Nearly 4,000 attendees from North America and around the world.
- New product contest for agriculture, landscape, lighting, golf and specialty solutions introduced to the market in the last year.
- Irrigation Association’s (IA’s) prestigious awards program for individuals and projects that have made significant contributions to the irrigation industry.
- 70-plus technical presentations at Education Week.
- More than 25 education classes that teach skills and knowledge for immediate application.
- Certification exams for irrigation contractors, designers, auditors, specialists and water conservation managers offered throughout the show.
ON THE SHOW FLOOR
Wednesday, Dec. 4, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 5, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Browse the show floor to get a firsthand look at all of the latest products, services and technologies in agriculture, landscape, golf and sports turf irrigation to help you expand your business, satisfy customers and grow your bottom line.
With two days to explore the exhibits, be sure to:
- Inspect the latest technologies at the new product contest.
- Visit potential new partners in precision agriculture.
- Find solutions to ancillary landscape markets such as ponds and waterscapes and outdoor lighting.
Pond & Waterscape Pavilion
The Pond and Waterscape Pavilion is a must-see for those doing business in this growing market segment. Discover cutting-edge products and technologies for pond and waterscape installation and maintenance.
The Irrigation Association is excited for Radio Row to return to the Irrigation Show floor. Radio Row is a dedicated space for radio stations and podcasts from across the United States to either broadcast live or conduct interviews with irrigation professionals and experts attending the show.
IA University is the core curriculum for irrigation professionals. These classes are offered every year to ensure you have the fundamental and practical skills necessary to design, install or maintain an irrigation system, as well as the business skills to manage a small irrigation company.
IA University classes include:
- Real-world applications and irrigation case studies.
- Current techniques, field-tested results and best practices.
- Instructors with industry expertise and proven teaching experience.
Beginner-, Intermediate- and Advanced-level classes are available. Note: IA University classes are priced separately and are not included in the full registration fee. Each class registration includes a free exhibits-only pass, which includes exhibits, Live From the Show Floor! presentations, the new product contest, general session and keynote address.
The IA’s Select Certified program sets the bar for industry professionals, recognizing exceptional commitment to efficient water management and irrigation best practices. Certification by the most rigorous program in the industry is an impartial, third-party endorsement of your knowledge and experience.
The IA will offer exams for the following certification programs at the 2019 Irrigation Show and Education Week:
- Certified Irrigation Contractor (CIC)
- Certified Irrigation Designer (Landscape/Turf) (CID)
- Certified Irrigation Designer (Agriculture) (CID)
- Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor (CLIA)
- Certified Golf Irrigation Auditor (CGIA)
- Certified Agricultural Irrigation Specialist (CAIS)
- Certified Irrigation Technician (CIT)
Industry Insights sessions
The new Industry Insights sessions will cover topics including:
- The Irrigation Consumer Bill of Rights
- Mobile apps for water conservation in turfgrass
- The H-2A & H-2B guest worker program
- Severe weather and ways to protect your crew and clients
- Social media and how to use it in your business
- Rainwater collection
- Wi-Fi technology and how to incorporate it in your business
- Research updates and reports around the country
These sessions vary from 30- to 90-minute formats and include everything from single presentations to panel discussions. A total of 34.0 CEU hours is available. The sessions are open to all attendees with a full registration or an Industry Insights and exhibit hall registration.
CAD Learning Labs
Irrigation designers interested in improving their efficiency and accuracy can take advantage of the CAD learning lab sessions. The CAD learning lab features both agriculture and landscape irrigation design techniques and best practices and allows participants to experience the speed, efficiency and accuracy offered by CAD-based irrigation software.
Opening Night Party
Tuesday, Dec. 3, 7-9 p.m.
The opening night party is a great opportunity to catch up with colleagues and make new business connections. This year’s event will capture the exciting and entertaining lights and colors of Las Vegas. Come and take it all in while enjoying good food, good drinks and great conversation. The opening night party is open to all IA exhibitors and attendees with a full registration. Tickets can also be purchased separately.
Wednesday, Dec. 4, 8:30-9:45 a.m.
The keynote address is always a popular event at the Irrigation Show, offering interesting insights from those who have achieved success in various areas of life. This year’s keynote address will be the main event on Wednesday morning.
The 2019 Keynote speaker is former Major League Baseball pitcher Jim Abbott.
Making it to the pitcher’s mound in a Major League Baseball game is a major accomplishment that few young baseball players achieve. Jim Abbott did. And he was born with only one hand. You won’t want to miss hearing this former MLB pitcher as he shares his story about adapting and overcoming adversity to achieve his goals and have a successful pitching career. Abbott will share how he was able to overcome perceived limitations and reach his dreams. He encourages audiences to find something they love and to go after it with all their heart. He is the author of his autobiography titled “Imperfect.” His story has been featured in numerous magazines, and he has appeared on several television shows.
Thursday, Dec. 5, 8:30-9:45 a.m.
The general session marks the culmination of a year filled with progress and innovation in the industry. The event celebrates the success of the past year, while looking forward to the bright future ahead. The session includes valuable information about the IA’s strategic plan and recognizes those who have made significant contributions in the industry with the annual awards. During the session, the IA will present the Industry Achievement Award, Innovator Award, Board of Directors Award, Vanguard Award and the Excellence in Education Award. The finale of the session is the anticipated announcement of the winners of the new product contest. The general session is open to all attendees and exhibitors. Coffee will be provided.
Wednesday, Dec. 4, Noon.-1 p.m.
Celebrate your certification by attending the Certification Luncheon. Luncheon attendance is limited to certified individuals in good standing. Invitations will be sent; RSVPs are required.
Women in Irrigation Social
Wednesday, Dec. 4, 5-6 p.m.
This social is quickly becoming a must-attend event for women of all areas of expertise in the industry. Like-minded businesswomen gather to connect, exchange valuable ideas, and discuss the unique challenges and opportunities in this industry. This year, Christine Hawkins, specification manager for northern California at Hunter Industries, will be sharing valuable insight as a fellow female in the industry. The social is open to all female attendees and exhibitors.
Young Professionals Breakfast
Thursday, Dec. 5, 7:30-8:30 a.m.
The young professionals breakfast is open to all attendees under the age of 40 and interested in networking with and learning from other rising stars of the irrigation industry. Each year, attendees at the breakfast hear from industry leaders about their career success and advice they have for those in the beginning phase of their career. This year, IA CEO Deborah Hamlin, CAE, FASAE, will discuss the importance of leadership development, serving as ambassadors of the industry and the personal benefits that come from volunteering with the IA.
Common Interest Groups
Thursday, Dec. 5
Expand your personal network at an Irrigation Association common interest group meeting. Common interest groups bring together irrigation professionals to discuss shared issues related to a specific technology, specialty or end-use market.
For more information about the 2019 Irrigation Show & Education Week, visit www.irrigation.org/2019Show