The current Bayer Advanced consumer and Bayer Environmental Science professional organizations is forming a transversal functional organization that continues to serve its distinct business channels with one focused leadership team for the North American business. Dr. Jacqueline Applegate is named head of Bayer Environmental Science North America, a division of Bayer CropScience LP, which provides innovative plant health and pest solutions for consumer, turf and ornamental, and pest management professionals.
“The new organization allows us to keep the focus even more on end-user needs to meet market dynamics, leverage the resources and knowledge within our organization and maximize innovation,” said Jackie Applegate, head of Bayer Environmental Science.
Applegate most recently served as head of Bayer Advanced, the consumer branded business, for home and garden products, where the business grew successfully with focus on innovative categories like Tree and Shrub and Rose care and new product launches like Natria™ and Season Long Weed. Josh Weeks, who led the North American Professional business, will retire November 30, 2010. Applegate assumed the new responsibility effective September 1, 2010, with Weeks supporting her during the organizational transition until his departure in November 2010.
“We would like to thank Josh for his dedication to the organization and his significant contribution to the industry over his 37-year career,” said Applegate. The following leaders are serving in the new organization:
· Gilles Galliou, Vice President of Commercial Operations
· Chris Bremen, Director of Marketing
· Mark Schneid, Director of Strategic Marketing
· Patrick Hinojosa, Director of Supply Chain and Manufacturing
· Karen Shearer, Director of Regulatory Affairs
· Terry Gouge, Director of Product Development
· Peter Happe, Director of Controlling and Business Services
In the Commercial Operations function, the following people are named as the business leaders:
· Jose Milan, Director of Professional Turf and Ornamental Business Operations
· Chris Pienaar, Director of Professional Pest Control and Vector Business Operations
· Jim Van Handel, Director of Consumer Branded Business Operations
· Brian Rosenberg, Canadian Business Manager
As the new leader of Bayer Environmental Science North America, I look forward to sharing my passion for growing and improving our business,” said Applegate. “During my three years as head of Bayer Advanced, the business grew because of the commitment of our people and an increased focus on understanding our customers, markets and need for solutions. I look forward to creating success together in these businesses.”For more information on Bayer Environmental Science, visit bayercropscience.com