During the GIE+EXPO in Louisville, Echo Incorporated held a party to kick off a yearlong celebration that will honor the company’s 50th anniversary. Established on November 16, 1972 in North America, Echo is a leading manufacturer of professional-grade, high performance outdoor power equipment for commercial and homeowner use.
During the celebration, Wayne Thomsen, VP of marketing and product management, Echo Inc., unveiled a Limited-Edition Echo PB-580T backpack blower, designed with an all-black engine shrouding and commemorative gold trim. The limited-edition units will not be available at retail level; instead, Echo will be awarding 250 units through October 2022 by means of social media contests and other sweepstakes.
“For fifty years, Echo has provided a tremendous amount of innovation to the outdoor power equipment industry. We’re very proud of the legacy we’ve created, and we have every intention to carry that forward for another 50 years and beyond,” said Tim Dorsey, president and CEO, Echo Incorporated.
Timeline of ECHO innovation:
• 1972: Echo Incorporated was established in North America
• 1975: World’s first backpack blower PB-9
• 1977: Manufactured engine for world’s first string trimmer
• 1978: World’s first handheld blower PB-200
• 1990: World’s first stick edger PE-200
• 1992: World’s first Shred ‘N’ Vac® ES-1000
• 1995: World’s first shafted hedge clipper HCA-2400
• 1996: World’s first low noise backpack blower PB-46LN
• 2008: World’s first bed redefiner BRD-280
• 2017: Lightest top-handle gas-powered chainsaw in North America CS-2511T
• 2020: World’s most powerful backpack blower PB-9010