Excitement is building as the 2014 Green Industry & Equipment Expo (GIE+EXPO) shapes up to be the largest ever.
Set to take place Wednesday, Oct. 22 (Dealer Day) through Friday, Oct. 24, at Louisville’s Kentucky Exposition Center, GIE+EXPO will feature more than 130 new exhibitors, stepped-up participation from returning exhibitors, an increase in attendee registrations and high registration rates for dealer programming, with participation from all segments of the industry expected to be strong.
As of Sept. 18, GIE+EXPO show officials reported the following statistics:
* Attendee pre-registration is 5 percent over 2013 and 20 percent over 2012.
* Exhibitor participation is up with more than 130 new exhibitors and an increase in space for many large-scale exhibitors.
* The Outdoor Demonstration Area will be the largest ever and feature some elaborate exhibits, including utility vehicle (UTV) test tracks and other exciting features.
* More new product introductions are expected, with more than 100 products to be displayed in the New Products Showcase and at least 25 exhibitors hosting press conferences.
* Hardscape North America (HNA), co-located with GIE+EXPO, will be the largest ever with pre-registration up 53 percent from 2013.
* Technician training and certification is expected to draw 150 participants.
* Dealer programming, including the opening keynote luncheon and Dealer Summit, are expected to draw 350 participants.
* Free mini training areas for parts, service and dealership development have been added in the Dealer Resource Pavilion.
* Five free management classes taught by Bob Clements are each expected to draw 200.
* The Dealer Resource Pavilion has 10 sponsors: ARI Network Services, Bob Clements International, c-Systems Software, Dewalt, Equipment & Engine Training Council, Gravely Commercial Lawn Mowers, Husqvarna, North American Equipment Dealers Association, Stanley Vidmar, and Stihl Inc.
* Several companies have planned dealer meetings around GIE+EXPO.
“If there is one event that can transform your dealership this year, it’s GIE+EXPO,” said Bob Clements. “When you combine all that’s happening in the Dealer Resource Pavilion with the increased participation from exhibitors on the show floor, it’s obvious why this continues to be THE industry gathering place.”
GIE+EXPO is sponsored by the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute, Inc. (OPEI), Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS) and Professional Landcare Network (PLANET). HNA is sponsored by the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI).
For information and online registration for the trade show and education programs, go to www.gie-expo.com. Other contact points include Facebook, info@GIE-EXPO.com, Twitter @GIE_EXPO and (800) 558-8767/(812) 949-9200.