A complete line of fuel-efficient zero-turn mowers and year-round productivity solutions, along with new products and innovative tools to address industry challenges, will be on display at The Grasshopper Company booths at GIE+EXPO 2013 Wednesday, Oct. 23, through Friday, Oct. 25, at Louisville’s Kentucky Exposition Center, with a focus on giving lawn care professionals “All the Right Reasons” for incorporating Grasshopper’s line of mowers and implements into their fleets.
The “All the Right Reasons” theme focuses on sustainability, including design and manufacturing processes, product performance and longevity, and tools to help contractors and grounds managers maintain properties in an environmentally responsible manner. Grasshopper will emphasize the fact that equipment decisions should be based on long-term sustainability goals – both environmental and economic – not temporary short cuts.
Grasshopper, exhibiting at booths 9136 (inside) and 7542D (outside), is also highlighting the following at the show:
* Miss Kansas 2013: Theresa Vail (pictured), a native of Manhattan, Kan., is scheduled to appear Wednesday evening and Thursday for photos and autographs. Miss Vail received international attention as a top-10 contender at the 2013 Miss America pageant. Not only were her tattoos and National Guard service topics of much discussion, she boasted skills not typically associated with a beauty pageant contestant such as skydiving, boxing, bow hunting and a homemade squirrel stew recipe. Regarding Grasshopper’s support of Military Warriors Support Foundation (MWSF), Miss Vail says, “As an active member of the armed forces, I appreciate Grasshopper’s partnership with Military Warriors Support Foundation and their commitment to helping make the transition to civilian life easier for combat-wounded veterans.”
* Military Warriors Support Foundation: Grasshopper partners with MWSF – a non-profit that provides mortgage-free homes to combat-wounded veterans – to identify military heroes seeking to start lawn care companies and to select one of those heroes to receive a free commercial-grade Grasshopper mower to help in that hero’s business endeavor. The first mower was presented to Tom Trotter of West Melbourne, Fla., by Trent Guyer of The Grasshopper Company in April 2013. Grasshopper plans to donate a mower for the second year in a row in 2014. Pre-addressed envelopes will be available at Grasshopper’s indoor booth (9136) for show visitors to send tax-deductible donations in support of MWSF.
* Grasshopper Fuel and Emissions Calculator: This useful tool presents visitors with fuel costs and savings comparisons, greenhouse and smog-forming gas emissions per hour of mowing, and overall profitability comparisons for each of the three most popular fuel choices for commercial mowers: gasoline, propane and diesel. Available at www.grasshopperfuelsavings.com.
* Grasshopper owners Rodney Miles of Portland, Ind., and Chris Shipp of Sylvester, Ga., will be special guests at the indoor Grasshopper booth (9136) this year. Both have extensive experience of putting Grasshopper equipment to work in profitable lawn care companies and will be available to answer questions about how Grasshopper has contributed to their success.
* Nashville Getaway Giveaway: Grasshopper is the official grounds maintenance provider of the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville, Tenn. Visitors to the Grasshopper booths can register to win a three-day, two-night stay for two at this internationally recognized hotel.
Among the product additions and enhancements that Grasshopper will be displaying at GIE+EXPO 2013 are as follows:
* New Electronic Fuel Injection mowers: Models 327EFI and 727TEFI feature second-generation, closed-loop EFI engines that continuously monitor internal and external conditions to optimize fuel economy, improve engine performance, and minimize emissions rates. The Delphi automotive-based system features plug-in diagnostics with engine feedback and performance information for easier diagnosis of service issues and faster service intervals.
* Model 126V-52, a compact mower with best-in-class commercial features and durability, including a 26-hp. Commercial Turf engine with 3-year engine manufacturer warranty, fully hydraulic pump-and-wheel-motor drive with greater weight bearing capacity to accommodate high-capacity grass collectors, best-in-class transmission fluid change interval with no break-in period, and 5.5-inch extra-deep DuraMax cutting deck.
* New cart/stand for 40- and 60-inch AERA-vator coreless lawn aerators that speeds implement installation, removal and storage.
In addition, Grasshopper will be showcasing key product lines, including:
* MaxTorque diesel mowers, which help lawn care professionals meet emissions goals while providing convenient, cost-effective power and performance. MaxTorque diesel models power through the toughest of jobs with minimal fuel use and little maintenance. The fuel-injected diesel engines save up to 900 gallons of fuel over 1,000 hours of use and are powerful and agile enough for any job, big or small.
* AERA-vator, a coreless lawn aerator for Grasshopper FrontMount mowers. The front-mounted aerator and zero-turn maneuverability help aerate turf and compacted soil in hard-to-reach areas previously accessible with walk-behind aerators only.
* Winter Productivity Implements including DriftBuster snowthrowers, CleanSweep rotary brooms, Little Bully dozer blades and the Little Bully V-plow.
For more information, visit grasshoppermower.com.