Registration for the hardscape industry’s largest trade show, Hardscape North America (HNA), is now open, and organizers announced new show hours, big-name speakers, VIP education passes and more. Set for October 16 -18, HNA 2019 will be at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Kentucky.
New trade show hours
The show floor will open for dealers Wednesday, October 16 at 11 a.m. Dealers, distributors, retailers and the media are invited to this exclusive preview. All attendees are invited beginning at 3 p.m., which includes a welcome reception until 7 p.m. Thursday hours, indoors and out, are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Friday the indoor exhibits will be open 8 a.m. – 2 p.m., and outdoor exhibits will be open 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
New this year, HNA’s outdoor area will be in a 42,000-square-foot pavilion – under roof – adjacent to the 20-acre Outdoor Demonstration Area. The Hardscape House will include:
- Hardscape Demonstrations led by award-winning hardscape consultant Frank Bourque and his team
- HNA 2019 National Installer Championship
- Exhibitor displays for hands-on testing
Two compelling keynotes
Lt. Col. Rob “Waldo” Waldman will present the opening keynote, “Never Fly Solo,” Wednesday at 2 p.m. Waldman is a highly decorated fighter pilot with over 65 combat missions and a valuable message about building high-performance teams. The session is sponsored by John Deere.
Friday at 9:30 a.m., attendees will hear from economist Brian Beaulieu. His keynote, “More Growth – More People – More Business,” will provide insights on the state of the economy and how it relates to our industry to help attendees plan their businesses for the future.
Admission to the keynotes is included with trade show registration.
VIP passes for contractors and dealers
Attendees interested in the education at HNA can save money by purchasing HNA VIP Passes – now available for both contractors and dealers. These admission upgrades give the attendee a 50% discount off purchasing sessions individually:
- The contractor pass provides open access to seven conference sessions and six hardscape demonstrations.
- The dealer pass provides open access to three dealer sessions, the dealer networking breakfast and six hardscape demonstrations.
The cost of the passes is $229 and $189 for ICPI/NCMA/BIA members in addition to trade show admission.
Additional highlights of HNA 2019 include:
- Seven conference sessions featuring industry hot topics and expert presenters. These include sessions on workforce development, growing your business with tech tools and how to approach women customers and provide solution-based hardscape projects.
- A new, in-depth business management session by industry expert Jerry Gaeta. This day-long workshop will address the five fundamentals of owning and operating a successful hardscape business: developing a business plan, financial management, estimating, project scheduling and resource management.
- The HNA Dealer Education will be spread throughout Wednesday and Thursday this year. It kicks off with a dealer networking breakfast on Wednesday and includes three dealer-specific sessions. Topics will include how to be a successful, competitive leader; customer service touchpoints and how to super-size your sales by upselling.
- Top hardscape contractors will compete in the Hardscape North America Installer Championships. Twenty-four teams, including the seven winners from the regional championships, will compete over the course of two days. The 2019 champion will receive a prize package valued at over $10,000.
- The HNA Hardscape Awards Presentation will take place on Thursday, October 17 and is open to all attendees. Awards will be presented to outstanding hardscape projects by contractors in commercial and residential applications in 18 categories.
- ICPI and NCMA continuing education Pre-Show Installer Courses. All classes will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday, October 15 and 16 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel and are approved for CE Hours for ICPI Certified Concrete Paver Installers.
- Three nights of free concerts will rock the Mercedes-Benz Vans stage at Fourth Street Live!: The Crashers, Tuesday, October 15; Easton Corbin, Wednesday, October 16; and Cassadee Pope with opening act JD Shelburne, Thursday, October 17.
Early-bird registration is only $15* and includes access to over 900 indoor exhibits, the 20-acre Outdoor Demonstration Area including admission to HNA and the Green Industry & Equipment Expo (GIE+EXPO), the largest trade show for the lawn and landscape industry. It also includes the keynotes, the opportunity to watch the HNA Installer Championship competition and attend the HNA Hardscape Project Awards Presentation. The early-bird deadline is September 5, 2019 and all registrations can be completed at www.HardscapeNA.com. Attendees can register after the deadline or at the show for additional fees.
*Registration for non-exhibiting manufacturers, suppliers, ad agencies and media sales, through Sept. 5, is $350.