The Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI) announced 2019 Hardscape North America (HNA) Awards categories, judging criteria and key submission dates.
The HNA Awards recognize residential and commercial hardscape projects in the United States and Canada, including walkways, patios, driveways, and commercial plazas, parking lots, streets and more.
Winning and honorable mention awards in 18 categories will be given to hardscape installation contractors. Designers and product manufacturers of winning and honorable mention projects will also be recognized at the 2019 Hardscape North America trade show during the HNA Awards Recognition Presentation and will be featured in Interlock Design magazine, the HNA website, social media, a press release and other industry publications.
The 2019 HNA Awards online submissions system will open on Monday, April 29. Entries will be accepted through Thursday, September 5. Projects entered by Monday, August 12 receive a discount of $40. Members of ICPI, the National Concrete Masonry Association (NCMA) and Brick Industry Association (BIA) receive additional discounts for submissions.
The 2019 HNA Awards categories are:
- Concrete paver residential (less than 3,000 sf.)
- Concrete paver residential (more than 3,000 sf.)
- Concrete paver commercial (less than 15,000 sf.)
- Concrete paver commercial (more than 15,000 sf.)
- Concrete paver permeable residential or commercial (all sizes)
- Segmental retaining walls residential (all sizes)
- Segmental retaining walls commercial (all sizes)
- Clay brick residential (all sizes)
- Clay brick commercial (all sizes)
- Clay brick permeable residential or commercial (all sizes)
- Porcelain paver residential (all sizes)
- Porcelain paver commercial (all sizes)
- Combination of hardscape products residential (less than 4,000 sf.)
- Combination of hardscape products residential (more than 4,000 sf.)
- Combination of hardscape products commercial (all sizes)
- Natural stone residential or commercial projects (all sizes)
- Outdoor living features residential or commercial projects (all sizes)
- Vintage installation for residential or commercial projects installed before 2008 (all sizes)
Awards submissions will be judged on five criteria:
- Design (including use of color, shape, texture and pattern)
- Quality of Construction and Craftsmanship
- Compatibility with Related Construction Materials and Systems
- Construction Innovation
- Overall Excellence
Entrants will be asked to submit five photos and written descriptions of the completed projects that address the five judging criteria.
Produced by ICPI, the HNA Awards are endorsed by the NCMA and BIA. The HNA Awards program is sponsored by Belgard and Keystone Hardscapes.
To submit a project or for more information, visit https://hna.secure-platform.com/a.