Following a successful year, the Irrigation Foundation has released its 2017 Annual Report, an overview of the Foundation’s programs and achievements. The annual report is released as an online version and can be found on the Foundation’s website.
The Foundation continues to achieve its mission to promote careers in irrigation through outreach to students and faculty. Some of the Foundation’s accomplishments in 2017 include:
- Sending 28 students and two educators to the 2017 Irrigation Show and Education Conference in Orlando, Florida, as part of the Irrigation E3 program.
- Launching the career pathways portion of the website that allows students and second-time career seekers to explore the many different industry sectors and careers that the irrigation industry has to offer.
- Awarding the first recipients of the Foundation scholarship program. Sixteen students from colleges and universities around the nation were recipients of scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $2,500.
- Hosting the 15th annual landscape Faculty Academy and the 4th annual agriculture Faculty Academy, both receiving high praise.
- Recognizing Claire Ehrlinger, CIT, LEED Green Associate, QWEL, as the 2017 Excellence in Education Award recipient.