The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) is seeking qualified nominees for its board of directors. The structure of ISA’s board of directors consists of the president, the president-elect, and thirteen directors. Five directors are elected by the Council of Representatives (CoR) and eight are elected directly by ISA members.
ISA is soliciting nominations for three board directors who will be elected by ISA members. The terms of three current board directors will expire in August 2019. ISA members can nominate any member of ISA in good standing. If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else as a candidate for the ISA board of directors, please send the name to Sheilah Trail at ISA (firstname.lastname@example.org). The person nominated must be a current member of ISA.
The Nominating and Elections Committee (NEC) reviews all nominees and develops a ballot of qualified candidates. From the ballot of qualified candidates, ISA members will elect three directors to fill the positions that will be vacated by Dana Karcher, Skip Kincaid, and Chris Walsh when their board terms expire in August 2019. (Karcher, Kincaid, and Walsh are all eligible to serve another term should they decide to run again.)
NEC uses the following criteria to evaluate nominees’ qualifications:
- ISA member in good standing
- Past contributions and service to ISA and ISA components
- Past contributions and service to other professional organizations in arboriculture and related fields
- Past service in committee and leadership roles both within and outside of ISA
- Professional work experience in arboriculture and related fields including research activities
- Professional education and training in arboriculture and related fields
- Business experience and expertise
- Achievement of board diversity, including field(s) of expertise and geography
- Any other relevant considerations
The closing date to submit nominations to Sheilah Trail is December 31, 2018 by 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time.
The election will run from 16 March – 30 April 2019.