Lawn care professionals alike are rediscovering the reel mower, long admired for its outstanding quality of cut. This spring Mantis will introduce two new reel mowers; a manually-operated “push” mower and a battery-powered cordless mower. Mantis reel mowers, with their five-blade contact-free reel design, yield the sheared cut preferred by lawn care professionals for a greener, healthier lawn.
Mantis Reel Mowers feature a contact-free blade system – the blade misses the bed knife by less than a millimeter, reducing friction, yielding a scissor-like precision cut that doesn’t tear at the grass shaft like rotary blades can. The friction-free five blade reel cylinder is constructed of flame-hardened, precision-ground steel with blades sharpened to one hundredth of a millimeter – constructed so tough that they may only require sharpening after every eight years of use. The contact-free, non-friction blade design makes reel mowing much easier with less effort required by the user to manicure the lawn. A “rear spoiler” discharge reduces flinging or fly-away grass clippings and directs the cuttings through the rear directly into the grass catcher bag
The eco-friendly Mantis Reel Mowers emit no emissions and are quiet in operation. The units are easy to maneuver and weigh a mere 16 pounds. The battery-powered unit weighs only 25 pounds. Another feature of these mowers is its foldable handle (non-slip cushion gripped). The handle compacts for easy storage and transport – these units can fit easily in the trunk of the car or under a shelf in the shed.
Mantis Reel Mower Features:
* Padded Handle: comfortable, form rubber with non-slip grip.
* Foldable Handle: Compacts unit for easy storage and transporting – easily fits in the trunk of a car.
* Blade Cover: Keeps blade safely guarded away when mowing under shrubs or low-hanging flowers.
* Five-blade Reel Cylinder: Flame-hardened precision-ground steel blades are sharpened to one hundredth of a millimeter for a precise, clean cut.
* Non-friction blades reduce user-fatigue and offer longer blade life – blades typically require sharpening only once every eight years.
* “Rear Spoiler” Discharge: Reduces flinging or fly away grass cuttings. Ejects grass cuttings to the rear of the mower or directly into grass catcher bag.
* Sealed Ball Bearings: for longer life; eliminates need for oiling and mechanical maintenance
* Easy-to-Adjust Cutting Height: infinitely variable, adjusts from ½ an inch to 1-¾ inches.
* All units come complete with Grass Catcher Bag attachment.