The National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP) announced its newest Trailblazers; individuals who are nominated by their peers for making significant and long-term contributions to the landscape industry. Trailblazers mentor other landscape professionals through the Trailblazer program.
Trailblazers are selected because of their excellence and achievement in the areas of lawn care, design/build/installation, interior plantscaping, irrigation & water management, and landscape management.
The following are the new 2018 Trailblazers:
- Barry Schneider, president, Surrounds Inc. of Sterling, Virginia
- John Puryear, president, Puryear Farms, Gallatin, Tennessee
- Michael Prokopchak, president, Walnut Hill Landscape Company of Annapolis, Maryland
- Alan Richmond, vice president, Southern Botanical of Dallas, Texas
- Brian Edward, manager, Colorburst, of Brentwood, Tennessee
- Marc Funderburk, president, LandPatterns Inc. of Dallas, Texas
The Trailblazer Mentor Program connects Trailblazers and mentees for on-site mentoring. This colleague-to-colleague mentoring and networking program allows both emerging and established companies to gain insight and advice from the pros on how to develop and grow their businesses.