NTEA – The Association for the Work Truck Industry, recently released the 2015 Fleet Purchasing Outlook, which features directional trends on vocational fleet acquisition activity. This report is designed to help companies respond and adapt to recent changes or developments in fleet buying behavior, as well as capitalize on current market conditions.
“We are pleased to offer the 2015 Fleet Purchasing Outlook as a resource for the work truck industry,” said NTEA Executive Director Steve Carey. “This report provides insights into commercial fleet managers’ 2015 equipment interests and identifies overall purchasing trends.”
Based on survey responses from fleet professionals in mid- to high-level management with decision-making authority, the Outlook includes an in-depth analysis of this year’s results, and comparisons to data from the Association’s 2013 and 2014 studies. Significant highlights from survey participants include:
- Average truck age is increasing for 39% of respondents
- Almost 60% of respondents continue to exceed normal replacement cycles
- More than 90% report likely-to-sure funding for planned 2015 acquisitions
This 24-page report offers a fleet management perspective on:
- Average truck age and replacement cycles
- Macro-level buying tendencies
- Anticipated changes in 2015 fleet size
- Critical factors driving purchasing behavior
- Interest levels for advanced truck technologies and alternative fuels
The 2015 Fleet Purchasing Outlook is free to NTEA members and is offered in print and downloadable PDF formats. It is available upon request to nonmembers for $199. To order a copy, visit Shop NTEA or call 1-800-441-6832.