Oregon announced the release of the SpeedCut Nano cutting system, the first ever .325” low-profile cutting system designed to increase cutting speed and extend runtimes on battery-powered and compact lightweight gas chainsaws (20-38cc).
The cutting system features a new saw chain, guide bar and sprocket to optimize the performance of chainsaws in the 1- to 3-hp. range. The increased efficiency of the SpeedCut Nano cutting system also provides battery saw users with up to 20 percent more cuts on a single charge. For this power range, the SpeedCut Nano 80TXL saw chain provides greater productivity for users. Customers can accomplish their projects faster and more efficiently, with less downtime spent recharging and refueling.
“Through close feedback from professional users in the field, we identified an opportunity for an all-new cutting system. From this input, SpeedCut Nano was engineered from the ground up to meet the demands of arborists’ top-handle applications and property owners seeking top performance,” said Derek Vlcko, Global Business Segment director – forestry at Blount International. “With SpeedCut Nano, cutting efficiency is increased by as much as 20 percent in bucking and 90 percent in boring, ensuring no one will be left stalled in the cut.”
Other features of the SpeedCut Nano Cutting System include:
- Design that reduces the tendency to stall in the cut.
- Multi-axis grind technology for exceptionally clean cuts.
- Low-kickback chain with all-weather durability.
- A corresponding guide bar with high-strength body and performance-driven nose components.
- Small-radius sprocket nose built to exact tolerances to efficiently buck, bore and trim.
- LubriTec lubrication system to keep saw chain and the guide bar oiled, reducing friction and wear for longer life and better performance.
SpeedCut Nano 80TXL saw chain will be available for Husqvarna, Stihl, and Echo battery and gas applications starting in early summer of 2020. Visit www.oregonproducts.com/speedcutnano for more information.