The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute’s (OPEI), Look Before You Pump program, offers free educational materials on proper fueling of outdoor power equipment, specifically the level of ethanol-blends that can be used. Higher ethanol blended fuel is entering the marketplace, and research shows us that most consumers are unaware of the harm fuel containing greater than 10% ethanol has on small engine equipment.
Businesses can access the Look Before You Pump materials through a website (http://tinyurl.com/ethanoleducation). All downloads are free. If you order printed material, there is a nominal printing charge for larger quantities.
The content can be republished in blogs, social media and more, such as:
1. Posting the Fact Sheet on employee break room walls.
2. Using the Look Before You Pump logo in newsletters, on customer marketing materials, on websites, or use it in on social media channels. [If posting the logo online, include a link to: www.LookBeforeYouPump.com and/or the hashtag #LookB4UPump]
3. Displaying the counter poster and information card by outdoor power equipment displays in stores or repair shops so people connect the message with small engine equipment.
4. Distributing the information cards to customers purchasing new outdoor power equipment.
5. Sharing an article, link or information about the Look Before You Pump program with consumers through a website, blog, twitter feed, or Facebook page. There is a social media toolkit, including sample social media posts, on the web portal.