Winter Equipment, already an established name in the commercial and municipal snow and ice management industry, will be expanding into the contractor distribution and sales markets.
“For almost 30 years, innovation has led the development and direction of this company,” said Kent Winter, founder and CEO, Winter Equipment. “With the recent introduction of our indestructible plow markers, and the enormous interest we saw from online and distributor channels, we made the decision to develop other products to help contractors.”
Contractor-targeted products include:
- Plow Markers – Made from galvanized steel aircraft cable (the same material that stops an aircraft on a carrier deck), these virtually indestructible markers provide visibility, rust protection and durability like no other marker on the market.
- Plow Systems – Sectional blades, guards and all needed equipment sold as a single easy-to-inventory system: V-Plow Assembly – the first in the market, designed to provide even wear and reduced downtime; and XTendor – a heavy-duty steel blade matched with carbide-reinforced PlowGuards for surviving rough roads and unseen obstructions.
- WinterFlex – Styrene-butadiene flat rubber sections and a reversible design provides long-lasting blade usage and moldboard protection, sold in sections or rolls, with bolt holes punched to customer specifications.
- Grade 8 Hardware – The highest class of imperial fasteners available, grade 8 hardware is certified to meet the requirements of ASTM grading and provides heavy wear and long life.
- Pusherbox Shoes – Engineered to outlast standard shoes, providing one-man installation and in-field replacement and adjustment; also allows for adjustment as wear occurs, resulting in longer product life.
- 18-inch Universal Spinner – Built to outlast standard spinners for less downtime and greater performance
“The common thread for all of our products has been input from customers,” said Winter. “I expect that to continue as our technical sales reps understand customers’ problem areas. In addition, our 3-D modeling capabilities and rapid prototyping allow us to quickly respond to the contractor market with new products.